Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Couch To 5K: Day Three

Blurred Lines!  Getting ready for my evening run!

I was pumped when I left you guys with my last post.  I had been improving my time and strength even though it was only two runs.  It left me excited and wanting to run more.  I also was really pumped about mountain biking because I had slowly been improving there as well with every ride.  I plan hitting the trail tomorrow.  If you are here for the cycling then check back in the evening.  I should have a post update about my trip to the trail.  

This weekend was not a very good weekend for me health wise.  I went on a trip with a youth group as a room leader.  I tried to eat healthy, but it is hard when you are stopping at fast food joints and staying in a room with junior high boys who only eat straight sugar and fat.  I tried, but I must admit that I did give in to some of their food.  Late nights and horrible food left me feeling like junk when we got back.  I know that working out is not just going to be the only thing that I need to do on this journey to lose weight...I also need to watch what I eat.  I failed this weekend in that department.


Some of the snacks in my room!

When I got back from the trip I had a few packages waiting for me at my door.  I had a few spare tubes for my mountain bike so I am not stranded in the woods with a flat, and also a new pair of Vibram Five Finger Bakilas.  I also have another pair of shoes on their way for my running pleasure (more minimal shoes!).  Some have mentioned that these are not the shoes that people are using to win races.  Truth is I could care less what people are wearing to win races.  I am not racing.  I am wanting what I think is comfortable for my feet.  I usually run in a pair of KSOs, but I find there to be to much ground feel and not enough cushion.  I love the Bakilas because they still offer great ground feel, but a little more padding than the KSOs.  Really like them so far!  I could tell that I had eating food I shouldn't have.  I felt sluggish for sure.  Not nearly as strong as I did on Thursday.  This just goes to show that it really does matter what food you are putting into your body.  



Here are my stats from tonights run!  Tomorrow is a rest day from the program and then back at it Tuesday with a longer run time.  I plan on hitting the bike and possibly gym tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment