Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Bike and Run Workout

Yesterday was the day of the bike for me.  I woke up in the morning and did close to four miles on my mountain bike around the neighborhoods where I live in the burbs of Philly.  I could totally feel the resistance of the wider tires and could tell that they were slowing me down on some of the downhill sections of the road.  I am not complaining about this as it requires me to put in some extra work with the wider tires giving a better work-out.  I know if I went from a 2.0 inch tire to something like a 32c tire that it would be a totally different ride.  Look like I might start saving for a road/cyclocross/hybrid bike that would work better for the road.

Starting my morning off right!
The ride was decent.  I could really tell a difference in this bike vs my old hybrid.  My average speed is slightly slower now, but I really feel like my legs got a decent work out for what it was.  Here are the stats of the ride.  Again, this isn't a super long ride.  It was just enough to get me going and wake me up.  I feel that if I really want to start losing some weight that I am going to need to up the time spent on the bike.


Morning Ride

After the ride I went about my day.  I decided to hit the trail with a friend later that evening.  This is apart of the trail that I have done before, and I actually did more than what is listed.  I stopped Cyclemeter while we were back at the cars on a water break and never turned it back on when we hit the other section of the trail.  I did a little better this time.  I walked way less than I have before.  I think it helped that I had someone there pushing me to go faster.  It also built some confidence because I didn't want to seem like a loser who walks more than I ride.  It was good though.  I can only get stronger.....because I am all the at the bottom.



Today I resumed my Couch to 5K program.  This week I upped the run time to 1:30min run and 1:30min walk.  I could tell that I upped the run time because towards the end of it I could tell that my legs were more tired this go around than last week.  I am proud that I never walked when I was supposed to run.  I was also trying out a new pair of New Balance Minimus Zero Road Shoes.  Totall different than the Bakilas I wore last time.  Way less ground feel.  I feel that the Bakilas are a best of both worlds shoes for me.  I did really like these though and plan on wearing them more.  I will probably trade off shoes until I really figure out which ones I like the best.  So far though, no problems with either.


Dig the way these look!

Here are the stats of todays run.  I plan on posting them all that I have done half way through this program and at the end.  I went a little further than usual, but also a minute longer too.  I can't wait to see more progress.  On top of this....I need to hit the gym and start lifting.  I do not want to bulk up, but I am wanting to tone up my fat body.  Tomorrow I am playing basketball so that will probably by my workout for the day.  



I have given up soda and am going to cut way back on other beverages that are not water except on my cheat day which I am probably going to make Sunday.  I am starting to watch my portions and am hoping that this is going to help.  Taking little steps.  This is the area that I am going to struggle with the most when it comes to this whole losing weight thing.  Wish me luck and lets hope that I can do this!


No comments:

Post a Comment